Monday, December 21, 2009

Carrie Underwood engaged to hockey player Mike Fisher

carrie-underwood-415
Just weeks after Carrie Underwood released her third album, she’s got more big news to celebrate: She and Mike Fisher are engaged!

Fisher, 29, asked Carrie to marry him in front of his family. Underwood and Fisher, who plays forward on the Ottawa Senators hockey team, have been dating for more than a year. Underwood told Ellen Degeneres that she’s “old-fashioned” and wouldn’t move in with anyone until she said ‘I do.’ A wedding date hasn’t been set.

I think Fisher was likely encouraged to pop the question by Mama’s Song on Underwood’s album, in which sings high praises for her man. Here are some of the lyrics:

And only want what’s best for me
And I think I found the answer to your prayers
And he is good, so good
He treats your little girl like a real man should
He is good, so good
He makes promises he keeps
No he’s never gonna leave
So don’t you worry about me
Don’t you worry about me

Mama there’s no way you’ll ever lose me
Giving me away is not goodbye
As you watch me walk down to my future
I hope tears of joy are in your eyes
‘Cause he is good, so good
And he treats your little girl like a real man should
He is good, so good
He makes promises he keeps
No he’s never gonna leave
So don’t you worry about me
Don’t you worry about me
And when I watch my baby grow up
I’ll only want what’s best for her
And I hope she’ll find the answer to my prayers
And that she’ll say
He is good, so good


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Carrie Underwood engaged to hockey player Mike Fisher"