Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Richard Ausley twice convicted for sexually assaulting 13 yrs Martin Andrews.

According to the CNN news report, the police photograph is chilling, in gritty black and white tones, it shows 13 years old Martin Andrews sitting in a makeshift box and his leg chained; look in his eyes is one of fear, fatigue, and doubt.

“I was abducted by a sexually violent predator by the name of Richard Ausley who had been twice convicted for sexually assaulting young boys and he had taken me for eight days”, Andrews reminded of his ordeal 37 years ago this month, “I was left to die”.


Andrews is one face of a concern the Supreme Court will revisit Tuesday on civil commitment, which allows the government to keep sex criminals in custody even after they have give out their sentences.

However, the first sex offender released from Virginia’s civil commitment program, and one of just a handful countrywide.

“I served my time for what I did and I didn’t feel like I should be incarcerated again”, said this man who asked that his identity not be exposed for fear of retribution; “It was a scary thing to know that you could be committed to a mental institution for the rest of your life”.


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Richard Ausley twice convicted for sexually assaulting 13 yrs Martin Andrews."