Friday, January 8, 2010

Stephen Huneck Dies



Stephen_huneck_dog_chapel

Stepehn Huneck's Dog Chapel


Very sad news to report. Beloved Vermont dog artist, Stephen Huneck, who inspired so many by turning his passion for dogs and art into his life's work, died yesterday from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was 60 years old. Apparently, he was despondent over having to lay off employees from his famous Dog Mountain Studio. My deepest condolences to his wife and family.

Brief article about his death.

Architectural Digest featured his Dog Chapel online last July, 209.

Slideshow of his Dog Chapel.

Stephen Huneck's website.

Here is an early post I wrote about Huneck when I first began blogging. I was in awe of his dog art empire, and this article doesn't do him justice. I will be featuring a longer tribute to him in the next few days. Many people are coming here looking for more information about him. I will try to keep you up to date. My heart is heavy.


1:08 pm Update: Eva Sollberger sent me this video she made earlier this year of Stephen Huneck talking about his art and waking up from a coma that lead to his devotion to dogs and woodcarving...



Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Stephen Huneck Dies"